[Nstc] This weekend at the Black Box Theatre!

Ceil Herman ceil at zianet.com
Tue Jun 8 15:31:35 MDT 2021

Hi!
Our 2021-2022 Season opens this Friday, June 11 with ”Every Brilliant Thing” an entertaining and engaging play by Duncan Macmillan, with Jonny Donahoe, directed by Ceil Herman and featuring Autumn Gieb. Our audiences will even be able to participate, following Covid Safe Guidelines! ”Every Brilliant Thing” runs June 11-27.

“Every Brilliant Thing” finds a perfect balance between conveying the struggles of life, and celebrating all that is sweet in it.” —The Independent (London). “Every Brilliant Thing” is sad, but it is also gloriously funny and exceptionally warm. It’s a show that spells out a little of what depression can do to people, but it also highlights the irrepressible resilience of the human spirit and the capacity to find delight in the everyday.” —Time Out (London).

Our Full 7 Play Season can be viewed on our website (www.no-strings.org) and reservations can be made online or by calling the Black Box Theatre (575) 523-1223. You can purchase season tickets ($85 regular and $70 students/seniors over 65) by mailing us a check to No Strings Theatre Company. Our mailing address is 430 N Main Street, Las Cruces, NM 88001. You can also buy them when you come to see ”Every Brilliant Thing.”

The Super Secret Improv Show is coming back to the Black Box Theater! The next one is this Sunday, June 13 at 2:30 pm. Additional shows are June 26 at 2:30 pm and July 23 at 7:30 pm.  Prepare for an afternoon (or evening) of laughs as five local performers use your suggestions to weave stories and bring characters to life.

The show consists of short form improv games like Interrogation and Actor’s Nightmare, and a long form game called Armando. The cast includes Casi Galban, Joshua Taulbee, Rachel Thomas-Chappel, Erin Wendorf, and special guest performer Gina DeMondo! Previous shows sold out so get your tickets quickly!

Online ticketing is available Now for the Sunday's performance on June 13 at 2:30 pm dubbed The Super Secret (Last Minute) Improv Show! Tickets can be purchased online on our website (www.no-strings.org).

See you at the theatre!

Ceil and Peter