[Nstc] Our 2021-2022 Season: presenting Live Theatre Indoors!

ceil at zianet.com ceil at zianet.com
Thu Jun 3 13:39:57 MDT 2021

Hi!

We are very excited to begin Indoor Performances at the Black Box Theatre!
The overwhelming response to "Animal Tales" in our Coutryard in April and
two Sold Out Improv Shows tells us our audiences want to continue
supporting Live Theatre and we are more than ready to welcome you back.

I have pasted in our terrific 7 play Season below. Besides the good news
about opening indoors, our ticket prices are unchanged, $85.00 for Adults
and $70.00 for Students and Seniors over 65.

You can send us a check for your ticket(s) made out to No Strings Theatre
Company or pay when you com to see the first play of the season, "Every
Brilliant Thing." Be sure to note when making your online reservations for
"Every Brilliant Thing" that you intend to buy season tickets. Our
ticketing system is ready for you to make your reservations for that show.
Remember we only have 33 seats for each performance as long as Dona Ana is
"Turquoise." We also have a great "Turquoise Invitational" exhibit in
thetheatregallery in the lobby of the Black Box Theatre.

We will also shortly be adding the availability of online ticketing for 3
additional Improv shows, June 13, 26, and July 23, and we will let you know
when that ticketing is available.

See you at the Theatre!

Ceil and Peter

OUR 2021-2022 Season

June 11-June 27, 2021
"Every Brilliant Thing"

By Duncan Macmillan, with Jonny Donahoe
Directed by Ceil Herman, Featuring Autumn Gieb
You’re six years old. Mum’s in hospital. Dad says she’s “done something
stupid.” She finds it hard to be happy. So you start to make a list of
everything that’s brilliant about the world. Everything that’s worth living
for. You leave it on her pillow. You know she’s read it because she’s
corrected your spelling. Soon, the list will take on a life of its own.
“Every Brilliant Thing” finds a perfect balance between conveying the
struggles of life, and celebrating all that is sweet in it.” —The
Independent (London). “Every Brilliant Thing” is sad, but it is also
gloriously funny and exceptionally warm. It’s a show that spells out a
little of what depression can do to people, but it also highlights the
irrepressible resilience of the human spirit and the capacity to find
delight in the everyday.” —Time Out (London).

August 6 – August 22, 2021
"A Coupla White Chicks Sitting Around Talking"

By John Ford Noonan, Directed By Robert “Bobcat” Young
This two-character comedy takes place in suburban Westchester County, New
York kitchen of Maude Mix, who is having a tough day: her husband is off on
a weekend spree with his secretary and she can't get rid of the pesky
neighbor who has just moved up from Texas. Hannah Mae Bindler badgers Maude
into friendship and the two eventually join forces against their errant and
erring husbands.  A lighter than air comedy – Time Magazine

September 24-October 10, 2021
"Laughing Wild"

By Christopher Durang, Directed by Ceil Herman
A provocative, inventive, and very funny study of the perils of modern life
in urban America. Unique in form, the play consists of two monologues (one
for each performer) plus a hilarious playlet which brings the two together
and explores more fully the converging dreams and themes set forth in their
solo expositions. “Mr. Durang is one of the funniest men in the world, able
to make the audience laugh out loud time and time again, taking us by
surprise with his one-of-a-kind jokes and relentless bitter satire.” —The
New Yorker. “At their liveliest, the monologues offer splenetic laughter,
imaginatively induced.” —NY Times. “The laughs just keep rolling in
“Laughing Wild” —Variety.

November 19-December 5, 2021
"Daddy Long Legs"

  Book by John Caird, and Music and Lyrics by Paul Gordon, Directed by Nikka
Ziemer
Based on the classic novel, which inspired the 1955 movie starring Fred
Astaire, Daddy Long Legs is a beloved tale in the spirit of Jane Austen,
The Brontë Sisters and “Downton Abbey.” Daddy Long Legs features music and
lyrics by Tony Award-nominated composer/lyricist, Paul Gordon (Jane Eyre),
and Tony-winning librettist/director, John Caird (Les Misérables), and is a
“rags-to-riches” tale of newfound love.

Jerusha Abbott is the “Oldest Orphan in the John Grier Home” until a
mysterious benefactor decides to send her to college to be educated as a
writer. Required to write him a letter once a month, she is never to know
the benefactor’s identity – so she invents one for him: Daddy Long Legs.
Jerusha’s letters chronicle her emergence as a delightfully independent
“New American Woman.” Yet, there is one startling fact that Jerusha has yet
to uncover – a fact that will change her life forever.

January 28-February 13, 2022
"Radium Girls"

By D.W. Gregory, Directed by Autumn Gieb
In 1926, radium was a miracle cure, and luminous watches the latest rage—
until the girls who painted them began to fall ill with a mysterious
disease. Inspired by a true story, Radium Girls traces the efforts of Grace
Fryer, a dial painter, as she fights for her day in court.  Radium Girls is
a fast-moving, highly theatrical ensemble piece for 9 actors, who play more
than 30 parts—friends, co-workers, lovers, relatives, attorneys,
scientists, consumer advocates, and myriad interested bystanders. Called a
"powerful" and "engrossing" drama by critics, Radium Girls offers a wry,
unflinching look at the peculiarly American obsessions with health, wealth,
and the commercialization of science.

March 18-April 3, 2022
"Mother Courage and her Children"

By Bertolt Brecht Directed by Joshua Taulbee
Widely considered one of the great dramatic creations of the modem stage,
Mother Courage and Her Children is Bertolt Brecht’s most passionate and
profound statement against war. Set in the seventeenth century, the play
follows Mother Courage, an itinerant trader, as she pulls her wagon of
wares and her children through the blood and carnage of Europe’s religious
wars. In the enduring figure of Mother Courage, Bertolt Brecht has created
one of the most extraordinary characters in literature. Mother Courage is
considered by some to be the greatest play of the 20th century, and perhaps
also the greatest anti-war play of all time.

May 6-22, 2022
"The Standby Lear"

By John W. Lowell, Directed by Ceil Herman
A funny, tender new play by John W. Lowell, critically acclaimed and award-
winning author of The Letters. The actor playing King Lear has fallen ill.
Augie, the understudy, is handed the opportunity to play one of the
greatest roles ever written for the stage. Now that the last great
opportunity in Augie's long acting career has arrived, is he up to the
task, or is it too late?