[Nstc] Auditions at the Black Box July 18

Ceil Herman ceil at zianet.com
Mon Jul 17 19:20:43 MDT 2023

Hi,

We are hoping to get a great turnout with some new faces as well as veteran actors performing at the Black Box Theatre. If you are interested in auditioning but need a different time, please contact me.

If you don’t want to be on stage but would rather be backstage or work as a house manager, we would love to have you as a volunteer!

Here is the audition announcement:

No Strings Theatre Company announces Auditions for the first play of our new season, Nice People Dancing to Good Country Music.
This entertaining play was written by Lee Blessing and will be directed by Ceil Herman

Eve Wilfong is visited by her niece Catherine, a novice nun who has been asked to leave her convent. Catherine yells unsuitable words at the wrong moment and barks like a dog. Roy is attracted to Catherine, whether she is a nun or not. What follows is a charming romantic comedy loaded with good country tunes.

Needed are
2 men (ages 30s to 40s)
Catherine (age 20’s)
Eve (age 40s)
1 young man (age 15) to play Eve’s son

Auditions will be held at the Black Box Theatre, 430 N Main Street, in Las Cruces on Tuesday, July 18 at 7 pm.

Nice People Dancing to Good Country Music will run from August 25 - September 10.

Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. A perusal copy of the play is on reserve at the Branigan Library Ask Here Desk.

For further information please contact Ceil Herman by calling (575) 523-1223 or by email nstcbbt at zianet.com