[Nstc] Additional Auditions for Women Playing Hamlet

Ceil Herman ceil at zianet.com
Sun Jun 5 08:30:33 MDT 2022

Hi!

We are emailing an updated Audition Announcement to our NSTC list. Maybe you have never been in a play? Maybe you couldn’t attend our auditions last week?

We do understand that many folks have summertime committments which prevent them from being involved in a play, much as they would like to! As the theatre scene in Las Cruces becomes even more robust, we know many of you already have theatre obligations.

We would like to have a good turnout for our Auditions for our first production of our 2022-2023 Season which is Women Playing Hamlet, by William Missouri Downs, directed by Ceil Herman. These auditions will be held on Zoom to make it easy for you to attend!

Women Playing Hamlet is a very funny play and a perfect season opener. Hamlet is a challenge for any actor, but when Jessica is cast as the titular character in a New York production, it send her into an existential tailspin. It doesn't help every Starbucks barista with an MFA tells her she is too young for the part, not to mention she is a woman. How can Jessica figure out To be Or Not To Be, when she can't figure out herself? Woman Playing Hamlet is rip-roaring fun for Shakespeare fans and haters alike!

Needed are a minimum of 4 and maximum of 19 Women who will play all the male and female roles.

Auditions will be held by Zoom and will be readings from the script. A perusal script is available at the Branigan Library Ask Here Desk. To arrange a Zoom time and obtain a copy of the script pages by email for Auditions, please call Director Ceil Herman at (575) 650-7915.

Rehearsals will begin June 8. Performance Dates are July 8 - 24 with the option to extend to July 31, should audience response warrant.