[Nstc] Women Playing Hamlet runs July 8 - 24 at the Black Box Theatre

ceil at zianet.com ceil at zianet.com
Fri Jul 8 18:50:23 MDT 2022

Hi,
The information about our opening production of the 2022-2023 Season, Women
Playing Hamlet, an entertaining comedy by William Missouri Downs, is below.

We currently have an e-mail list of over 2000 names accumulated over the 22
years of our operation, and we see only a small portion of those patrons at
our theatre. If you have lost interest over the years or moved away, please
let us know and we will remove you from both our e-mail and mailing list.

NO STRINGS THEATRE COMPANY OPENS THEIR 2022-2023 SEASON WITH WOMEN PLAYING
HAMLET RUNNING JULY 8 - July 24.

No Strings Theatre Company presents Women Playing Hamlet, the first
production of their 2022-2023 Season directed by Ceil Herman. NSTC is
delighted to produce another play by William Missouri Downs. His work has
entertained our Black Box audiences with productions including Cockeyed,
Mad Gravity, Seagulls in a Cherry Tree, and his streaming plays including
The Meaning of Life, Karl the Magnificent and Mr. Rogers, American
Terminator!

Women Playing Hamlet is a very funny play with 5 women playing the male and
female roles in Hamlet. Hamlet is a challenge for any actor, but when
Jessica (played by Casi Galban, last seen in NSTC's The Gun Show) is cast
as the titular character in a New York production, it send her into an
existential tailspin. It doesn't help every Starbucks barista with an MFA
tells her she is too young for the part, not to mention she is a woman. How
can Jessica figure out To be Or Not To Be, when she can't figure out
herself? Woman Playing Hamlet is rip-roaring fun for Shakespeare fans and
haters alike!

Jessica's character is assisted by an ensemble of 4 talented and versatile
local actors playing the remaining parts, including Karen Boerdsell, Autumn
Gieb, Alize Torres, and Nikka Ziemer. Autumn Gieb designed the costumes and
Peter Herman is the Scenic and Lighting Designer as well as Light, Sound
and Projections Operator.

Single ticket prices for Women Playing Hamlet are $15.00 Regular admission,
$12,00 for Students and Seniors over 65 and all seats on Thursday are
$10.00. Performances are Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m., Sunday Matinees
at 2:30 p.m. on July 17 and July 24, and a Thursday evening performance on
July 21 at 7:00 p.m. Reservations for Women Playing Hamlet can be made
online on the NSTC Website (www.no-strings.org) or by phoning the Black Box
Theatre at (575) 523-1223.

NSTC is selling Season Tickets for the 2022-2023 Season of 7 plays. There
is no change in price from previous years, although the costs of bringing
live theatre continue to increase. Regular Preferred Patron Packages (PPPs)
are $85.00 and Senior over 65 or Student PPPs are $70.00. NSTC also sells
Coupon packs of 5 for $70,00 for Regular admission and $55.00 for Students
or Seniors over 65. Checks to No Strings Theatre Company can be sent to 430
N Main Street, Las Cruces, NM 88007.