[Nstc] Your input is needed!

nstcbbt at zianet.com nstcbbt at zianet.com
Mon Oct 5 15:39:54 MDT 2020

Dear Theatre Patrons,

As all of you know, the Black Box Theatre has been closed since March. The
cast of “The Majestic Kid” has been working on the show since then and is
anxious to present it to you as a live audience.

Allow your imagination to see the Black Box as a dinner theatre.  We have
tentative arrangements with Lorenzo’s Restaurant to present dinner theatre
in our space. As our audience, we want to know how you feel about attending
our theatre under these conditions:

1. Restaurants are allowed to operate at 25% capacity. That would mean a
socially distanced audience of 25 people in the theatre.

2. We would be following COVID protocols approved for restaurants for table
spacing, cleaning/disinfecting procedures, etc.

3. Patrons will be required to wear masks except while actually eating and
drinking. The ventilating system will be operating at all times, and doors
would be open and ventilating fans would be run during intermission to
insure good air flow.

4. Each act runs approximately one hour and fifteen minutes. The actors
will be masked backstage and will perform unmasked. The stage will be
elevated and separated from the audience by a minimum of 10 feet for the
audiences’ protection.

5. Since operating as a restaurant is what makes this possible, everyone
would be required to purchase a meal. Patrons with season tickets or using
comp tickets need only purchase the meal.

6. Food will be brought in boxed, to minimize contact with restaurant and
theatre staff. All meals will cost $10.00 in addition to the cost of the
ticket. There will be a vegetarian and a gluten-free option. Cold bottled
water will be provided on each table. No alcohol will be consumed.

The play would open Friday, November 6 and run through Sunday, November 22.

We want to provide live theatre to our patrons. The question is: Would you
consider coming to a performance under these conditions? We are not asking
for a commitment from you. We merely need to get an idea if this plan is
feasible.

Would you please reply to this e-mail by Friday, October 9 and let us know
if you would: 1. Consider coming, 2. Not feel comfortable coming, or 3.
Need to think about it further.

Please let us know if you have questions.

Best wishes,
Ceil and Peter