[Nstc] "The Majestic Kid" starts Streaming Friday, November 6!

nstcbbt at zianet.com nstcbbt at zianet.com
Fri Nov 6 14:04:41 MST 2020

Hi,

We are excited to present Mark Medoff's "The Majestic Kid" to you via
Streaming so you can watch this funny and moving play in the safety and
comfort of your home. The play runs from November 6 - 29. Our website
(www.no-strings.org) has a link to Buy tickets, view thetheatregallery's
wonderful art exhibit, and our Silent Auction for Rebecca Courtney's unique
painting.

We wanted to be sure that those of you who have 2019--2020 season tickets,
comp tickets, or pre-purchased coupons know that you do not need to pay for
Streaming performances of "The Majestic Kid." If you are in this group,
please use coupon code Z2C5T4B6.Otherwise, the ticket cost is $10.00 for
one viewer, $20.00 for 2 viewers and $30.00 for 3 or more.

When you make your reservations, you will get a confirmation through Ticket
Assistant. We will send you a personal e-mail with the direct link to the
streaming show, as well as your access code, and password so you can watch
the performance of your choice during a 24 hour period from 7:00 p.m. on
the day of your reservation through 6:59 the following day.

We are committed to finish this 2019-2020 season. Nikka Ziemer will be
assembling a collection of Holiday-themed pieces for Streaming in December,
instead of "Next to Normal," a musical which would present safety
challenges for actors. .

"See you" at the home theatre!
Ceil and Peter

Below is a press release written by our new NSTC volunteer, Brad Martinez.

No Strings Theatre Company remains a bastion for the arts in a post-COVID
world, thanks to Streaming. Ceil Herman directs 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒂𝒋𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒄 𝑲𝒊𝒅 by the
late playwright and local celebrity, Mark Medoff. The play is about two
young idealistic lawyers who've come to the Southwest to help the Apache
Native American tribe from being exploited by companies from the East.

Medoff's first play, 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑾𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒓 was published in 1967. His most well known
play, for which he won a Tony Award, 𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝑳𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒓 𝑮𝒐𝒅, was first
produced on Broadway in 1980

No String's production of The Majestic Kid features an all star cast of
local actors - Luz Resendez, Scott Brocato, Debbie Jo Felix, Rachel Thomas-
Chappell and Joshua Taulbee.

Theatre making is an art that thrives on the energy of an audience, not to
mention the give and take between actors - like a psychological snowball
fight - but in the current climate, traditional theatre moves to an
electronic visual venue which presents a new set of challenges and unique
opportunities for performance.

NSTC plans to announce their next season when this one has ended.  This
will surely come as a relief to ticket holders, cultural aficionados and
theatre hopefuls alike who are excited to see local theatre back on its
feet, while celebrating the legacy Mark Medoff left and for some, following
faithfully in his footsteps.

Just like the rare play with a happy ending, hopefully soon, 'this too
shall pass' and live theatre can resume. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒂𝒋𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒄 𝑲𝒊𝒅 is especially
significant to Las Cruces, New Mexico as it helps keep alive the spirit of
the West, imagination and most of all, Mark Medoff - who touched so many
lives in our community.