[Nstc] Zoom Play Online for You at the Black Box Theatre!

nstcbbt at zianet.com nstcbbt at zianet.com
Thu May 21 13:02:44 MDT 2020

Hi,

Since you cannot come to the theatre, we decided we would bring the theatre
to you live! With the social isolation rules in place, many businesses have
been using ZOOM to hold live meetings where the attendees can see the
participants.

We plan to use this tool to present "The Meaning of Life" a new play by
William Missouri Downs. We have produced five of his plays, "Cockeyed,"
"Mad Gravity," "Seagulls in a Cherry Tree," "Headsets: A View from the
Light Booth," and most recently "How to Survive Your Family at Christmas."
Bill wrote "The Meaning of Life" to be presented by ZOOM. He has generously
given us permission to present his play.

As those of you who have used ZOOM know, the number of attendees is limited
to 100. After you take out places for the actors, director, producer, and
support staff, that leaves about 90 places for the public at each
performance. There will be two performances, the first on Friday, June 19,
and the second on Saturday, June 20, both at 8:00 p.m.

We are making “tickets” available first to current Season Ticket Holders
and Donors. Reservations will be open to only this group until May 27. We
will take reservations from everyone else starting May 28. Because you are
providing your own seats at home, you will need only one reservation no
matter how many are watching.

To make a reservation, you will need to reply to this e-mail, rather than
phoning the theatre, select which performance you wish to "attend" and
provide us with your preferred e-mail address, if different from the one at
which you received this e-mail. About 10 to 15 minutes before the start
time you will receive an e-mail from the theatre inviting you to join the
join the Performance.

If you are unable to "attend" either performance, Bill is allowing us to
post a recording of it on a secure, password protected website for a
limited time. We will make the user name and password available at a later
date. Please let us know if you need it.

We are providing this production for free, but donations to the theatre are
always welcome.

"See you at the theatre!"
Ceil and Peter