[Nstc] No Strings Update

nstcbbt at zianet.com nstcbbt at zianet.com
Wed May 6 11:39:17 MDT 2020

Hi!
As you all know, the Black Box Theatre has been closed due to distancing
regulations, however, we have not been idle. While we are uncertain when we
will be able to re-open, we have been making plans and preparing for the
day.

Our current plan is to complete this season with "The Majestic Kid" and
"Next to Normal" as soon as we get the go ahead from the governor. This
way, our season ticket holders will receive the full value of their
tickets. Once these two shows have completed their runs, we will proceed
with next season. Depending on when the current season can resume, we may
need to have an abbreviated 2020-2021 season. If this is the case, it will
be reflected in the season ticket prices.

To be ready to re-open as soon as possible after the all-clear, we have
been rehearsing "The Majestic Kid" using ZOOM. While this is not the ideal
way to rehearse, it has been very effective, and will allow us to be ready
to re-open with a minimum of in-theatre rehearsal time. In addition, it has
been very good for our morale, keeping our enthusiasm and commitment to the
project.

We know that, like us, all of you are missing the opportunity to go to the
theatre. We have found an excellent website on which many British theatre
companies have been streaming current or archival productions for free of
plays, dance performances, and operas. Some of these are available for only
a day or two, while others can be watched anytime within a week or a month.
If you have the ability to connect your computer to your television, it
makes the experience even better.

The address is www.whatsonstage.com. Scroll down to the link that says
"Read the full list of shows you can watch online for free here"

Thanks so much for your patience and we hope to be able to see you at the
theatre soon.

Ceil and Peter