[Nstc] Zoom play reminder!

nstcbbt at zianet.com nstcbbt at zianet.com
Wed Jun 10 13:42:57 MDT 2020

Hi,

Thanks to those of you who have already made reservations for "The Meaning
of Life" a new play by William Missouri Downs! I have confirmed each
reservation that I have received.

We have produced five of his plays, "Cockeyed," "Mad Gravity," "Seagulls in
a Cherry Tree," "Headsets: A View from the Light Booth," and most recently
"How to Survive Your Family at Christmas." Bill wrote "The Meaning of Life"
to be presented by ZOOM. He has generously given us permission to present
his play.

The play is directed by Joshua Taulbee and stars Teddy Aspen-Sanchez, Scott
Brocato, Debbie Jo Felix, Rachel Thomas-Chappell, and Luz Resendez, each
playing two different characters all trying to find the meaning of life in
absurd and comic situations.

We wanted to give you another opportunity to make your reservations if you
haven't done so already. Mike Cook is planning a big story on  the play in
this Friday's Bulletin. The number of attendees is limited to 100. With the
reservations we currently have and the places we have put aside for the
actors, director, producer, and support staff, that leaves about 50 places
remaining at each performance.

There will be two performances, the first on Friday, June 19, and the
second on Saturday, June 20, both at 8:00 p.m. Because you are providing
your own seats at home, you will need only one reservation no matter how
many are watching.

To make a reservation, you will need to reply to this e-mail, rather than
phoning the theatre as we have limited office hours right now. It will be
easier for us if you put RESERVATION JUNE (either 19th or 20th) in your
subject heading in replying. Also please give us your preferred e-mail
address, if different from the one at which you received this e-mail. About
10 to 15 minutes before the start time you will receive an e-mail from the
theatre inviting you to join the join the Performance.

We have had a few questions about what your set up needs to be to watch the
performance. If you do not have ZOOM on your computer, when you click on
the link, it will ask if you want it. Say Yes and follow the install
instructions. At the bottom of the screen when you connect, put your cursor
down there, and you will see a list of choices of things to do. Click on
the microphone to silence it and the camera to turn it off. If your
computer has neither a camera or microphone, you don't need to do this.

If you are unable to "attend" either performance, Bill is allowing us to
post a recording of it on a secure, password protected website for a
limited time. We will make the user name and password available to our
mailing list at a later date.

We are providing this production for free, but donations to the theatre are
always welcome. Donations can be mailed to us at:

No Strings Theatre Company
Black Box Theatre
430 N. Main Street
Las Cruces, NM 88001