[Nstc] "Boy Gets Girl" final weekend, Ramble, and "The Killing Game" Auditions

nstcbbt at zianet.com nstcbbt at zianet.com
Thu Oct 31 14:48:02 MDT 2019

Hi,

Our current, "Boy Gets Girl," an exciting thriller written by Rebecca
Gilman and directed by Autumn Gieb, has final oerformances this weekend on
Thursday, October 31 at 7, Friday and Saturday, November 1 and 2 at 8 p.m.
and a Sunday matinee on November 3 at 2:30 p.m. You can make reservations
by calling us at (575) 523-1223 or online at http:www.no-strings.org. Mike
Cook's excellent review of the play is in The Bulletin this week and on the
NSTC website.

RAMBLE: Artist Jan Addy is exhibiting her lovely watercolors and pencil
drawings in thetheatregallery in conjunction with the run of "Boy Gets
Girl.". We will have a reception for Jan at the Ramble on Friday, November
1, from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.

COOKBOOK: Thanks to those of you who have sent us recipes. We are still
accepting recipes for the No Strings Theatre Cookbook. We will need 100 to
make it happen, and we would like to have a good representation from our
loyal patrons. E-mail your recipe(s) to nstcbbt at zianet.com.

AUDITIONS: There will be auditions for The Killing Game on Sunday, November
3 at 2:30 p.m. and Monday, November 4 at 7 p.m at the Black Box Theatre
Annex (Black Box Too) located at 717A N. Mesquite Street, in Las Cruces.

Roles
12 actors. 100 characters. 250,000 dead

All roles in the play are ensemble roles. While some actors have been
precast to be members of the show, no specific roles have yet been
assigned. There remain 8-10 positions available, all genders, ages from
late teens through adulthood. The script does specifically need two older
adults.

Auditions consist of cold readings from the script. A perusal script will
be available at the Ask Here Desk at Branigan Library on Monday 10/29 >An
unnamed city in an unnamed country is beset by an unnamed plague.
Quarantined from the rest of the world and hemmed in by unknowns, how does
the population of the city deal with the horror? Not well. Ionesco's
absurdist play uses gleefully dark humor and an unrelenting examination of
human nature combine to keep us unbalanced and uncertain, but laughing
through it all.

For more information, please email the director, Marissa Bond, at
mcamillebond at gmail.com.

The performance dates are January 24-February 9.

See you at the theatre!
Ceil