[Nstc] I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change Runs February 9-25

Ceil Herman ceil at zianet.com
Tue Feb 6 16:14:16 MST 2024

Love is in the air at the Black Box Theatre! First dates, new romance, wedding day blues, getting the kids to bed, finding love again, and everything in between. I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change is a charming musical comedy with book and lyrics by Joe DiPietro, and music by Jimmy Roberts. The second-longest running musical Off-Broadway features vignettes covering all aspects of love and relationships, everything you wanted to know about dating, romance and marriage, but we’re afraid to ask.

Under the direction of El Paso theatre icon, Kate Keyser-Dewitt,  and featuring a talented cast of actors including Jessica Broaddus, Autumn Gieb, Jonathan Lee, David Reyes, Orlando Rodriguez, and Delaney Sivils, this proves to be an experience you won’t forget. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, and you may even come away humming several tunes.

Music direction and accompanist is Stephen Jones, choreography by Auguste McDaniel, and light design by Peter Herman.

Opens at the Black Box Theatre, 430 N. Main St, on Friday, February 9th at 8 p.m. and will continue through to Sunday, February 25th. Performances are at 8pm Friday-Saturday, Feb. 9-10and 16-17; 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 18 and 25; and a special Valentine’s performance 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 14.

Tickets are $15 regular admission, $12 for students and seniors over age 65 and $10 for all seats for the Wednesday, Feb. 14 performance.
For more information, please call 575-523-1223 or visit no-strings.org.