[Nstc] Upcoming at the Black Box Theatre/Volunteers Needed!

nstcbbt at zianet.com nstcbbt at zianet.com
Wed Jan 25 15:02:51 MST 2023

Hi!

This weekend our next production, Love, Loss, and What I Wore, opens
Friday, January 27 and runs through Sunday February 12.  Information about
the production is below and in The Bulletin this week.

We have a great and diverse art exhibit in theteatregallery in the lobby of
the Black Box Theatre. Participating artists are Diana Ayers, Margaret
Bernstein, Luci Bromberg, Christina Campbell, Bob Diven, Carol Eggers,
Carrie Greer, Kris Karteadt, Jane Madrid, Marcia Maguire, Jan Minow, Abby
Osborne, Mel Stone, and Carol Witham.

On Sunday, January 29 at 2:30 p.m. we are once again hosting the Super
Secret Improve Troupe. Please note, the performance is a matinee this month.

We really need some volunteers to work as House Managers for our
productions. If you are interested in House Managing, (or any other
volunteer activity at the theatre,) please e-mail us at nstcbbt at zianet.com
or call us at (575) 523-1223.

House Managing ia a great volunteer job!  You would come a half hour before
the start of the show, help us with ticket sales (we are happy to train),
watch the show that evening or afternoon, and get a comp ticket to come
watch another show.

LOVE, LOSS, AND WHAT I WORE

No Strings Theatre Company is pleased to present Love, Loss, and What I
Wore, written by Nora Ephron and Delia Ephron, based on the book by
Ilene Beckerman. The production is composed of ensemble pieces about
women, clothes, and memories covering all the important subjects –
mothers, prom dresses, buying bras, hating purses, and why we only wear
black. The play opens at the Black Box theater, 430 N. Main Street in Las
Cruceson January 27 and runs through February 12.

The versatile local actors playing many roles are Jamie Bronstein, Karen
Buerdsell, Autumn Gieb, Debbie Jo Felix, and Nancy Clein Tafoya. Light and
Scenic Design is by Peter Herman, and Light, Sound, and Projections
Operator is Bekah Taulbee. Guest choreographer is Debra Knapp, formerly
Chairman of the NMSU Dance program.

Performances are Fridays, January 27, February 3 and February 10 at 8:00
pm, Saturdays, January 28, February 4, and February 11 at 8:00 pm, Sundays,
February 5 and February12 at 2:30 pm, and Thursday, February 9 at 7:00 pm.
Tickets are $15.00 regular admission, $12.00 for students and seniors over
65, and all seats on Thursday are $10.00.

Reservations can be made online at www.no-strings.org or by calling the
theatre at (575) 523-1223.