[Nstc] Audition correction/ Ben Hur information

Ceil Herman ceil at zianet.com
Sun Dec 3 12:29:53 MST 2023

 Auditions for the charming musical, I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change, directed by Kate Keyser-Dewitt are on Monday, December 4 and Tuesday, December 5, both days at 7:30. I had an error in the dates in my mailing last week. More Information is on the NSTC website (www.no-strings.org) and a perusal copy of the script is on reserve at the Ask Here Desk at Branigan Library.

thetheatregallery invites Artists to participate in Perfect Love, a studio tour exhibit as part of 2024’s For the Love of Art Month. This will be in conjunction with NSTC’s production of I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change, running February 9-23.  No fees are required. Submit questions and intent to margaretpaints at yahoo.com. If you have jpegs send them to ceil at zianet.com

This was written by one of our season ticket holders who came opening night to see Ben Hur.

The new play at the Black Box Theatre/No Strings Theatre Company is "BEN HUR" by Patrick Barlow.

Could you use a good laugh in your life or perhaps an entire evening of laughter....get thee to the Black Box to see their production of "Ben Hur".  A truly comical play based on the 19th Century, 900+ page book.  The play is under the superb direction of Autumn Gieb.

Last night was opening night and our audience laughed throughout the play.  The actors were terrific and exaggerated their parts just enough to be hilarious.  They showed great timing and kept the audience in stitches!

The sets and props were great.  Karen and her crew did exceptional work.  Some of the props added so much to the hilarity of the production.  The lighting and sound effects and music added another layer to the already well done performance.  The costumes, as always were perfect...and there were some fast costume changes, as the four actors in the cast portrayed multiple characters, and very well, I might add!  And who doesn't love a good chariot race?  O some diving intervention?  And!!!! I mustn't leave out, there is audience participation!  Don't worry, you don't have to get up and sing or dance.
My only regret last night was not to have Mike Cook there in his orange sherbet outfit viewing and writing a review of the play!  I could hear him, in my head, sitting behind me laughing his head off!

We are fortunate to have local theatre in Las Cruces, and we need to support it.  It costs about the same as going to a movie theatre, and you are supporting local artists and local business.

As Siskel and Ebert would say,  THIS PRODUCTION IS A THUMBS UP!