[Nstc] Auditions for Women Playing Hamlet on June 1

nstcbbt at zianet.com nstcbbt at zianet.com
Tue May 24 13:33:13 MDT 2022

Hi!

We are getting ready to finalize our 2022-2023 Season, and will email you
when we have the information on buying season tickets.

On June 1, we are auditioning for our first production which is Women
Playing Hamlet, directed by Ceil Herman. We are delighted to produce
another play by William Missouri Downs. His work has entertained our Black
Box audiences through the years with productions including Cockeyed, Mad
Gravity, Seagulls in a Cherry Tree, and his streaming plays including The
Meaning of Life, Karl the Magnificent and Mr. Rogers, American Terminator!

Women Playing Hamlet is a very funny play and a perfect season opener.
Hamlet is a challenge for any actor, but when Jessica is cast as the
titular character in a New York production, it send her into an existential
tailspin. It doesn't help every Starbucks barista with an MFA tells her she
is too young for the part, not to mention she is a woman. How can Jessica
figure out To be Or Not To Be, when she can't figure out herself? Woman
Playing Hamlet is rip-roaring fun for Shakespeare fans and haters alike!

Needed are a minimum of 4 and maximum of 19 Women who will play all the
male and female roles.

Auditions will be held at the Black Box Theatre, 430 N. Main Street, at 7
p.m. on Wednesday, June 1. Auditions will be readings from the script. A
perusal script will be available at the Branigan Library Ask Here Desk.

Rehearsals will begin June 2. Performance Dates are July 8 - 25 with the
option to extend to August 1, should audience response warrant.

Looking forward to seeing our women actors at Auditions and remember your
facemasks!

Information: (575) 523-1223 or nstcbbt at zianet.com.