[Nstc] Correction/Auditions are January 15

Ceil Herman ceil at zianet.com
Sat Jan 15 12:53:38 MST 2022

Hi,
I had a typo on the email I just sent you.
Auditions are today, January 15 (not 16th).
Sorry for the confusion!

We will hold additional AUDITIONS today, Saturday, January 15 at 7:00 pm for the No Strings Theater Company’s production of Mother Courage and her Children, written by Bertolt Brecht and directed by Joshua Taulbee. The auditions will be at the Black Box Theater. 430 N. Main St.

Performances will be held March 18th thru April 3rd. With a possible extension to April 9th.

Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. Also, please prepare a 30 second to minute long song as several characters do sing in the show. Everyone must wear masks and be vaccinated.

Mother Courage is a clever canteen woman traveling with her three children (Eilif, Swiss Cheese, and Kattrin) following the Swedish army during the Thirty Years’ War. She uses her wit and determination to survive and, hopefully, make a profit. Needed are eight performers to play over twenty different parts.

Characters Include:
Mother Courage - Smart, resourceful, and fierce.
Kattrin - Mother Courage’s traumatized daughter who does not speak.
Eilif - The “brave” son.
Swiss Cheese - The “honest” son.
Chaplain - A religious man who travels with Mother Courage.
Yvette - A prostitute.
Other roles include military personnel and peasants.

A copy of the script is available at the Ask Here desk at Branigan Library.