[Nstc] THE RING LEADER Performances at the Black Box January 7 and 8

nstcbbt at zianet.com nstcbbt at zianet.com
Mon Jan 3 15:36:46 MST 2022

Hi,
We want to wish all of you a Very Happy Holidays! We made a commitment to
you this year to continue to provide you with entertainment through these
difficult times. We greatly appreciate your support, as we streamed,
performed outdoors in our courtyard, and finally were able to perform
indoors.

Below is the information about THE RING LEADER, presented by the Dance
Eclectic on Friday, January 7 and Saturday, January 8 at 8 p.m. Masks and
vaccinations are required.

Also coming up shortly are Auditions for Mother Courage and Her Children
(January 8 and 9 at 7 p.m.) NOTE: These auditions will be held at BBToo,
717A N. Mesquite.

Radium Girls (January 28-February 13) and Love Letters (a single
performance on February 14) performances are at the Black Box Theatre, 430
N Main Street in Las Cruces.

I will send out separate e-mailings about these upcoming events.

See you at the theatre!
Ceil

LOCAL DANCE COMPANY PRODUCES CIRCUS THEMED SHOW WITH GUESTS

THE RING LEADER

The Dance Eclectic is bringing an original show to the Black Box Theatre,
January 7 and 8 at 8:00 p.m. both evenings. Admission is $15.00 regular and
$12.00 for Students and Seniors over 65. For reservantions call (575)
523-1223 or go online at www.no-strings.org

  The Ring Leader is based on the movie “The Greatest Showman.”  The story
starts with our Ring Leader orchestrating the entire circus.  A Newcomer to
the circus has joined but does not quite fit in with each act.  She tries
out all of the different things but eventually the Ring Leader sees her
talent for organizing and running the show.  She helps the Newcomer hone
her skills as the Ring Leader is ready to retire.  Eventually the Newcomer
takes over and becomes the New Ring Leader.   Original choreography by the
members of The Dance Collective tells a story through genres of dance
ranging from classical ballet  to modern dance to jazz, to improvisation.

The idea for this show was decided upon by all members of The Dance
Eclectic.  The members of The Dance Eclectic began the creative process of
this show by reflecting on the last show that was centered on mental
illness as well as the overall feeling of the world.  They decided that
they needed a fun show that was light-hearted.  They also have missed being
able to share the stage with other talented dancers in the area.  This
theme also allows for complete creativity with all of their dance styles.
This show has been collaboratively created and choreographed by the The
Dance Eclectic members. Guest artists include FireFox Productions, Mindy
Chanson, and Human Nature Contemporary Ballet.. We are also excited to
present our show with these talented dancers.

About The Dance Eclectic
“The Dance Eclectic has gone all out for this show!  We are so excited to
present the costumes and dances for this show!.  I am continually amazed at
these ladies and their creative process,” Creative Director Morgan Rivera
says about the collective.  “This show epitomizes what the collective is
and how it operates.  Each member has been able to help with making this
show happen, from making costumes to cutting music to deciding on the
overall feel the show should have.”
The Dance Eclectic seeks to provide opportunities for dancers of all skill
levels, backgrounds, and abilities, as well as individuals who are simply
creative and want an outlet to dance and work collaboratively with others
with similar passions. They are primarily focused on crafting a single
creative theatrical production once a year that explores a theme or
narrative that the members collectively agree on. These productions are
highly collaborative in nature, with every member having a voice in their
creation, by contributing original choreography, costuming, and more.  They
also work to create a larger show, Fringe Dance Festival, once a year to
showcase dance in the borderland area.  Ages and skill levels of the
dancers in the collective vary greatly, with members in their teens,
twenties, and  thirties, and members who have been dancing since the age of
3, with college degrees in dance, to members who found their passion for
dance as recently as 3 years ago. Learn more at
http://www.thedanceeclectic.com.

  ###
Press Contact
Morgan Rivera, The Dance Eclectic Creative Director
(505) 264-1479  |  director at thedanceeclectic.com