[Nstc] Gilbert and Sullivan's Iolanthe is coming to town!

ceil at zianet.com ceil at zianet.com
Mon Aug 1 13:10:03 MDT 2022

Hi!

We are very pleased to host The Gilbert and Sullivan Company of El Paso
this coming weekend at the Black Box Theatre. This lively company has been
presenting the Gilbert and Sullivan operettas at the Black Box since 2004.
This year it is Iolanthe, one of our very favorites. In fact, our wedding
march in 1968 was the March of the Peers from that operetta!

Iolanthe is an ingeniously witty and magical operetta that presents a topsy-
turvy take of forbidden love between fairies and mortals, Set in the 1880s,
it pokes fun at power, privilege, and the British Parliament. Suitable for
all ages, this show is sure to leave you laughing and whistling all the way
home!

Iolanthe Performances are Saturday, August 6 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday,
August 7 at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $15.00 for regular admission and $12.00
for students and seniors over 65. Reservations: (575) 523-1223 or online at
www.no-strings.org.

See you at the theatre!
Ceil