[Nmsalsa] Fwd: EXTERNAL: [core-eforum] Regarding Library Database Cleanup #1

Susan Sheldon ssheldon at cybermesa.com
Thu Dec 10 17:06:10 MST 2020

Since I've been in a "cleanup/fix mistakes" in Polaris/SALSA while at
home, I thought this eforum was timely.

Here is an example of one library working to fix records. It reminds me
of the early days of SALSA (different ILS) where I would do an exact
title search starting with A, An, The... to correct them, due to an
incorrect indicator in OCLC. Being able to do keyword searching made it
less of a problem but it still might keep users from finding a title if
they are doing an "exact" title search. And when there were alternative
titles with no indicators for the initial articles, that caused problems
in searching. Like we don't have enough to do... ;-)

sms