[Nmsalsa] SALSA welcome to Cassandra and Katherine!

Carrington, Bradley, DCA Bradley.Carrington at state.nm.us
Wed Nov 28 14:57:34 MST 2018

Hello SALSA librarians,

Please welcome Katherine Wolf and Cassandra Osterloh!  Since we last met Katherine started at the Chavez History Library and Cassandra at the National Hispanic Cultural Center.

Katherine is from California, where she was a librarian in Special Collections at the San Diego Central Library, specializing in local history, rare books, and genealogy.  Before Special Collections, she spent 10 years in the Literature & Languages Department.  Her undergrad degree is in Art History/Criticism from UC San Diego and her MLIS degree from San Jose State University.

Cassandra has over 20 years of experience in libraries starting with her work study job at Zimmerman Library, UNM, where she not only found a career, but also her husband Brian.  Cassandra received her MLS from the University of Maryland, College Park.  She has worked in libraries at UNM, US Naval Academy, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars (DC), NM State Library, Queen of Heaven Catholic School (ABQ), and Sandia Preparatory School (ABQ). Cassandra is a past-president of NMLA, and in her "free" time, she coaches track and field for Albuquerque Athletics track, primarily race walking.

Minutes of our August meeting:  http://www.nmstatelibrary.org/docs/TSB/Draft_of_Salsa_Consortium_Executive_Committee_Meeting_Minutes_August_6_2018.pdf

We'll try to have meeting this winter.  Meanwhile Margaret, Joseph and I are helping with starting and training at Chavez and NHCC.

Fa la la!
Brad

Bradley Carrington
Chief, Technical Services Bureau